Reservoir engineering is a very specialist area within the upstream oil and gas production process. They aim to deal with the extraction and drilling methods that should you used to extract and optimize the production of the natural resource.
By using a number of data sources and aided by computers and technology they decide on the locations and the volume of wells by looking at the risks and various simulations models, they are generally based on a fully life cycle project and as so update the well based on analytics.
The skills needed to work as a reservoir engineer involve the potential to estimate or forecast, including the potential volume of the potential size of the well in terms of production. This is generally done with computer aided flow analysis.
The engineer needs to be a good communicator as they will generally work with other members of a large and key team such as Geologists, geotechnical engineers, environmental engineers, who all work and are employed in the upstream process.
Their main job aim is to maximize the potential of each well for optimum delivery of oil and gas
They communicate their recommendations with a large spectrum of people and key decision makers from the various companies, partners and authorities.
This is generally a management job and roles so good people skills are needed as well as the ability to work as part of a large and diverse team.
This career can be challenging and candidates need to show good problem solving skills but the rewards this role offers as some of the best rewards of any industry.
Most people within this role will have a degree of some kind in chemical or mechanical engineering or also a degree in petroleum engineering.
All of the oil and gas exploration companies require people with these skills and as so the average salary is well above the £50,000 range.«« previous - list - next »»
|Hot Oil and Gas Jobs|
|Jobs of The Week|
No such attribute : box_txt_inner_page
- CHIMISTE / AIDE-CHIMISTE (H/F) INTERIMAIRE/CDD FranceHarfleurSelon profil et expérience
- DRILLING AND COMPLETION SUPERINTENDENT (DCSI) - M/F Toutes VillesSelon profil et expérience
- MARINE OPERATIONS MANAGER M/F WorlwideSelon profil et expérience
- Field Sales Engineer ChinaShanghai
- ADJOINT(E) DE DIRECTEUR DE SITE AUTOROUTIER FranceToutes RégionsSelon profil et expérience
- TECHNICIEN VISION INDUSTRIELLE FranceChateau-GontierSelon profil et expérience
- ASSISTANT (E) DE DIRECTEUR DE SITE AUTOROUTIER FranceToutes RégionsSelon profil et expérience
- ATTACHÉ COMMERCIAL RÉSEAU TunisiaKairouan Ou SousseSelon profil et expérience
- CHIMISTE / AIDE-CHIMISTE R ET D (H/F) INTERIMAIRE/CDD FranceHarfleurSelon profil et expérience